Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Year, New Possibilities

It's been a good birthday, so I'm happy enough at the moment. I just finished applying for yet another potential position, one which I hope that I have a shot at; there are multiple openings, and I far exceed their minimum requirements, so I am cautiously optimistic (that's the only kind of optimism I'm capable of, in any case). We started the day with an appropriate first-footer, so there's that, and I've spent the day doing congenial things, so we're off to a positive start. Tonight it may be light a candle, burn some incense time, and maybe a little harp. I'm feeling a little more stable again, the way you do when you're skating and you narrowly avoid a spectacular fall; you regain your balance, and you're still a bit shaky inside, but you slowly start to trust the surface beneath you not to shift. That's where I am right now, and that's good enough.

2013? Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment