Wednesday, 12 June 2013

On Second Thought

Actually, I don't really want to talk much more about it--"it" being what I would term pagan fundamentalism. I've talked myself purple on the subject in the past, for what good it ever did me or anyone else; it changed nothing, because some people will always be inclined to the my-way-or-the-highway approach, and nothing I or anyone else says or does will alter that one whit.

And I realized, while reflecting on what I've been reading lately, that I'm all right with that. I don't care. If some people want to be fundamentalist pagans, let them. It has zero impact on my life and my practice. Sure, when I was battling it first-hand in my trad wiccan days, it was difficult for me, and I came out of that with more than a few scars; but those days are done now, and those people and those attitudes have lost the power they once held. You can't take it away from me if I don't want it in the first place! The sound and fury emanating from people I don't even know and don't give a damn to know signifies less than nothing in the grand scope of my life. I won't attend their rituals or read their blogs or concern myself with their life choices, and they are cordially invited to do the same in regard to me.

Life is precious and life is short, so why waste it on bullshit witch wars? Ain't nobody got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment